Translate

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Little Moments of Clarity


There were times in my life, where I wondered or doubted I would ever have children.  It was not a priority for me.  As a Latina, at 32, I’m culturally old to be having my first child.  But I had my education, and a career to work on.  There was no reason to rush.  I took my time and made the decision to have a baby when I was ready.  I’m still a little scared.  I still have moments where I wonder if my husband and I are ready.  I’m afraid of how drastically our lives are going to change, but then there are moments where I know it is all going to be ok. 

Last night I laid in bed trying to fall asleep and my husband was watching television with one hand on my tummy.  The baby wanted to remind us she was there and started kicking.  She kicked so hard, both my husband and I jumped in surprise.  We started laughing and the more we laughed the more encouraged she was to play with us.  For a good 45 minutes, the entire length of the show my husband was trying to watch.  She kicked, and punched and spun around, and we just laughed with joy.  We would speak to her and she would respond.  It’s moments like that, just the three of us, lying in bed and laughing, that are so precious.  It’s in those moments that remind me without a doubt there is a higher power, and life is truly miraculous.  Those little moments are the best moments.  

Maybe I’m not having the career I thought I would have.  Maybe financially, we aren’t ready to have a baby, but there is one thing I know for sure, we are rich in blessings.  

No comments:

Post a Comment