Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

My Glow


In the movie What toExpect When Expecting there is a character that desperately wants to become pregnant and after a long struggle she finally is.  She is elated; there is nothing she has ever wanted more.  It turns out pregnancy isn’t everything she thought it would be and after many complications she has a minor melt down.  She wanted so much to find her “glow” that comes with pregnancy.  It isn’t until her baby is born that she finds her glow. 

I can relate to this in so many ways.  I tried so hard to do everything right, but so many things went wrong and pregnancy was less than fun, but the truth is with my daughter came my glow.   She has literally lit up my world.  My body is altered and I’m exhausted, but when I look in the mirror I have never looked more beautiful.  My skin and hair are glowing.  I am radiating with pride and love.  My eyes are lighter.   Maybe it sounds coincident or arrogant, but I am more beautiful physically and spiritually because I am her mother.  She is my glow.

I am Catalina’s mom and I am gorgeous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment