Translate

Sunday, October 6, 2013

Kindergartener’s Voice of Reason


Last night I had a rough night.  I had cramping and contractions all night.  I thought for sure the baby was coming.  With every pain I would think “It’s going to get worse than this.”  It was a scary thought, so I focused on a conversation I had with my 5 year old cousin Bryanna on Friday. 

Me: One more week and the baby should be here.
Bryanna: Yay! One more week and the baby is here!
Me: Yes, but I want her to come out now.  I’m ready for her.
Bryanna: WHY???? It’s going to hurt!!!!
Me: That’s true I’m getting a little worried about that.
Bryanna: Yes, but at the end you’ll have a little baby. 

I was completely amused by the conversation.  Her reaction to how it was going to hurt caught me completely off guard.  Keeping Bryanna’s advice in mind and my eye on the prize.  It won’t be long now.  

1 comment: