Translate

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

I missed it

I missed it.  Today, my daughter flipped over during tummy time.  I’m excited, because we spent the three-day weekend and last night working on this and she finally did it.  It means she is growing up.  It is a milestone she needed to reach and a sign that she is developing right on schedule.  This is all great news. BUT…I missed it.

This is undoubtedly one of many milestones I will be missing.  I’m a working mom.  I should get use to it, but knowing this and practicing this are two different things. In addition to being a working mom, I’m a new mom, and I want to be there to experience everything with my baby. Once again, I have a newfound respect for all moms, the ones who are able to stay home and be there for those moments and the ones who aren’t able to be there for those moments and overcome the heartbreak.

 My husband said, it was our work with our daughter that taught her and that doesn’t change whether we were with her or not when she finally turned over.  I take a little comfort in this.  I can’t always be there with her, but I hope it is what I teach her that will make her successful even in my absence. 


Tummy Time

No comments:

Post a Comment