Translate

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

You win some, You lose some

I'm exhausted.  This hasn't been my usual election day. I didn't work a precinct or help in a campaign office all day.  I wasn't up at 3am after going to bed at midnight.  I am sitting here trying to figure out why I'm so tired.  Then I realized.  I worked, and then I played with my baby.  I finally got to see her roll over for the first time.  It was the highlight of my day! After witnessing this milestone, I went to the campaign office to help with the results.  It wasn't my usual election day, but it was definitely a busy day.  I also realized I have had months of sleeping only 3 hours at a time.  I wake up at 3am everyday.  I've had months of a mommy campaign going on here.  Maybe, I didn't do as much as I usually would have on a campaign, but I did my part.  I'm going to cut myself a little slack.  Even if we didn't win the election, I won the working mom award today.  I'm going to enjoy that victory and reward myself with some sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment