Translate

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Three Shots

Three shots changed my life today.  

I’ve seen a lot of crazy things in my life.  I’ve been enough blood and gore to give me nightmares.  I’ve seen my mom die of cancer and how it destroyed her body.  I’ve never been squeamish.  But my daughter received three vaccinations today and my heart is hurting.  I almost fainted when I saw blood coming out of her little thigh.  As she cries and whimpers my heart breaks more and more.  I have never experienced anything like this.  My baby is in pain and there is nothing I can do.  

I don’t know how parents do this.  I don’t know how my parents did it.  I don’t know how we are going to get through her first cold, teething, or her first scraped knee.  For now, I will focus on overcoming three shots. 

No comments:

Post a Comment