Translate

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

+ Positive +

One year ago today, I peed on a stick and stared at the plus sign in disbelief. All I could do was laugh. My husband must have thought I was crazy.  I had an important meeting to go to so I regained my composure and went to my meeting. I came home and peed on two more sticks. All were positive, I was going to be a mom. 


We had only been trying a month. I had been on birth control for almost fifteen years for medical reasons that threatened to make it difficult to conceive. According to Latino standards I was old. But here I was about to embark on the greatest adventure of my life, parenthood. 


What a difference a year makes, now we are parents to the most amazing and beautiful baby girl. I barely remember my life a year ago yesterday, maybe it is because I never truly lived until a year ago today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment