Translate

Friday, April 8, 2016

Dear Daughter: A Random Day with Random Thoughts That Could Be Any Day.

My Dearest Catalina,

You are growing up so fast! There are so many memories I want to keep, like this morning when you said "I see the Chicago water," but you meant the Chicago River. I want to remember you yelling "I have girl power" and the smile on your face when we pick you up at the end of the day.  I want to remember your sweetness and your feistyness (even if that isn't a word).  I want to remember your innocence and the tantrums.  I want to always be challenged by you and always proud of your defiance.  I love that you are "bossy," it means you have leadership skills.  I want to hold everything about you in my pocket and keep it near me always.  I know times will change.  You will change.  I will change.  Life will change.  But I hope that you will always feel my unconditional love and the freedom to be who you want to be.  

I love you,
#CatalinasMom

No comments:

Post a Comment