Translate

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Ready for Battle

Last week I made the trip to Springfield to testify on the Equal Rights Amendment (ERA) in the State Senate Executive Committee. I was determined to make history. During the drive there, I experienced a milestone and made my own, personal history. I found my very first gray hair. I found myself more shocked about the gray hair than the fact that I was about to testify about a constitutional amendment a century in the making. 

"What do I do?" I rhetorically asked. I stared at it for a while, and finally I made a decision. It is a sign of maturity and wisdom. It will be good luck! It is a badge on my uniform. I smiled as I patted it back on my head. 

I am ready for battle. I'm ready to get the ERA passed, and I'm ready to age gracefully. I'm a feminist. I am THE feminist, which really just means I'm a warrior. I'm a warrior for equal rights. I'm a warrior for my daughter, for myself, for all women. Bring it world. Bring it life. I'm ready! 

No comments:

Post a Comment