Translate

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day to the Motherless Daughters!

My daughter is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  After I lost my mom in 2007, Mother’s Day has been a hard day for me.  There is no avoiding it.  It’s everywhere, the stores, the radio, television ads, social media, everywhere.  But this Mother’s Day is bitter sweet.  It’s still a difficult day.  I still don’t have my mom, but it is my first year as a mother.  I have quickly come to realize that the 7 months of my life with my baby have been the best 7 months of my life and there is no greater joy than to be her mother.  I have written before how my daughter has helped me heal from the loss of my mother.  I think I will continue to heal a little this Mother’s Day as well, because this year, I get the honor and privilege of being Catalina’s Mom.


Happy Mother's Day to the Motherless Daughters! I know you wish you could sleep through this day. But remember, you are a reflection of a great woman! And even if you aren't a mother, you are a mother like figure to someone, and they are a reflection of another great woman!   

No comments:

Post a Comment