Translate

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Precious Moments

I've had a lot of great and amazing moments in my life. Being at the President's 2008 campaign headquarters on Election Day, working on Capitol Hill, the many famous politicians, actors, musicians, civil rights leaders I have met, are just a few moments that come to mind in this extraordinary ordinary life I lead.  My life has been truly blessed.

In spite of these exciting moments in my life, I have never been happier. I have never felt like I had truly lived or loved until now. There are no words to express how much I love being a mom.

Those awesome moments in my life have been nothing in comparison to the everyday little moments I share with my daughter. Travel experiences have been replaced with the Catalina Express, moving the bassinet from the living room to the bedroom and vice versa, which involves choo-choo sounds and results in big toothless smiles. The theater has been replaced with a puppet show using her Frida Kahlo and Jane Austin dolls. They chant, "You can be a writer. You can be a painter. You can be anything you want to be." Dance clubs have been replaced with dancing & singing in the nursery. We love lullabies from around the world, baby hip hop lullabies, classical music, pop music, and of course the chicken dance. Political debates are replaced with "Gooos & gaaas" as she lays between my husband & me in the "big bed" and tries to tell us a story. We listen with an intense focus, because she is quite literally the center of our world.

I have concluded that of all my experiences and moments in life, these moments with my daughter are the most fulfilling. I have said it before, but every day it becomes more true. The little things in life are the best things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment